Serial délires sur Chouette Street
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

Serial délires sur Chouette Street

Le forum officiel de www.chouettestreet.com... Retrouvez tous les délires d'un groupe d'étudiants complètement azimutés, et fiers de l'étre !

AccueilRechercherDernières imagesS'enregistrerConnexion
Le Deal du moment : -26%
Bosch BBS8214 Aspirateur Balai Multifonction sans fil ...
Voir le deal
249.99 €

Sir T. McCarthy

3 participants
AuteurMessage
lizzie the ace cupcake
Moyen ver
Moyen ver
lizzie the ace cupcake

Féminin Nombre de messages : 332

Sir T. McCarthy Empty
MessageSujet: Sir T. McCarthy   Sir T. McCarthy EmptyMer 1 Fév - 18:22

Mr McCarthy est professeur à l'université. Il est britannique, peut-être écossais. Il kicks arse et s'il faisait payer ses cours, on irait quand même.
(et je vais essayer de retrouver toutes mes quotes de première année...)

voilà pourquoi.

"The title of the course is 'Aspects of Medieval Thoughts'. I should warn you it's forbidden to commit suicide. It's impossible to clean the blood stains off the floor.'

'Maybe you've seen pictures of your grandparents in the 1960s. They thought they were fashionable. You were probably howling in laughter, thinking, how completely medieval!'

'A light year is the distance travelled by light in... it's a long way.'

'You should always leave your door open to strangers, cause you might have an angel to dinner. You can also invite me to dinner... oh and, angels drink wine.'

'Genders in the French language serve the purpose of confusing foreigners.'

'You never answer my question, because you're afraid of the second question that will come if you answer the first...'

'We say that people started speaking modern English in 1485. It doesn't mean that on December 31st, 1484, everybody said 'great, tomorrow we'll speak modern English!' '

'In modern English, 'sad' only means 'unhappy'. But if you said 'He's eating his meal sadly' in old English, it wouldn't mean he was... pas dans son assiette (elle est bonne celle-là), and indeed he was eating English food so it wasn't good, so he was miserable - no, it meant that the meal was very full and heavy. When you're sad you feel heavy. Nowadays, when women make a cake and if, when they put it in the oven, it doesn't rise as it should, they say 'the cake is sad'.'

'Il n'y a pas de traduction pour 'langue de bois' en anglais, parce que les anglais ne l'utilisent jamais...'

(more to come)

Dernière édition par le Sam 25 Fév - 0:47, édité 1 fois
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
http://www.lady-of-winter.deviantart.com
Ver-Mi-Sel
Moyen ver
Moyen ver
Ver-Mi-Sel

Féminin Nombre de messages : 227
Localisation : Beuh, Im lost in the middle of nowhere !!! I can see aliens, hobbits and wizards...

Sir T. McCarthy Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Sir T. McCarthy   Sir T. McCarthy EmptySam 4 Fév - 20:27

RESPECT !!!!!!! cheers il est génial !!!!!!!!!
thank you mr mc carthy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i don't think you're ever gonna read this but it doesn't matter !!!!!!!! MERKIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII !!!!!!!
en effet je paierais pour aller à ses cours !!!!!!!!!!
lizzie the ace cupcake
Moyen ver
Moyen ver
lizzie the ace cupcake

Sir T. McCarthy Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Sir T. McCarthy   Sir T. McCarthy EmptyJeu 2 Mar - 12:21

episode 2...

"People want to know, and if they don't, they invent."

"Maybe you spent all your time on the internet looking up things about Mireille Matthieu..."

"Can I just have a break? Imagine I'm an advertisement in the programme...'

'So you get a boy dressed up as a girl dressed up as a boy. It looked more natural that way..."

"Easy: put your fingers on your throat. When you say the voiced consonants, your fingers must feel the vibration. Just like when you speak. Now, if you can't feel anything when you speak, go to your doctor."

"May I ask you not to ask the Nobel Prize for me?"

(on explaining 'stichomythia') "I know a lot of French people put very long words in their essays to look intelligent. I'm not convinced." (thank you)

"Jolly good!"

"When you read your Bible tonight..."

"We can all become millionaires if we want to... (and if we avoid the teaching profession)"

"Real love must be free."

"It was a crazy pavement..."

"Sparrows were thought to be wicked, sexually." (sparrow = moineau... lol)

"Even the vegetable had a hierarchy. The top one was the mandrake: its roots looked like two legs, so it must have been part human."

(du bruit dans la salle...)
"Don't forget that all the time you're speaking, I'm being paid..."

"Some feminine words in French ought to be masculine. When you girls see a handsome 'sentinelle', you say, 'elle est mignonne!' "

"They're professional lovers, it's their full-time jobs. They read all the Que-Sais-Je? about being in love."
lizzie the ace cupcake
Moyen ver
Moyen ver
lizzie the ace cupcake

Sir T. McCarthy Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Sir T. McCarthy   Sir T. McCarthy EmptyVen 14 Avr - 21:37

une couche de peinture fraîche!

"elles s'habillent avec des ailes de chauve-souris. j'aime bien l'idée de fées avec des blousons en cuir, ça fait des fées loubards."

"It's an English wood. Yes, in Athens. But it's still an English wood. It's not a serious wood. And you'll tell me, you can't go far in a wood in England before you find a pub, or a church."

"He puts 2 and 2 together and gets 39..."

"You know, when you had had too much of these very good but very sweet things, you're like, ugh, you can't take it."

" 'at the Duke's Oak we meet', it sounds almost like the name of a tavern! it would be like 'come and get a drink!' "

"They perform in a kind of competition. They were very bad and they won, so you can't imagine what the others were like. It's like Eurovision de la Chanson."

"They already think about their reputation, in the Bien Public. They have their very own Tom Cruise: Bottom, the big star. "I" and "me" are his favorite words."
(note de la quoteuse: c'était pas exactement ça, mais c'est encore mieux ré-arrangé de cette façon! =) )

"To give a flûte à bec to a child must be forbidden."

"This is what is great about the English. They're incompetent. Who invents all sports? *meaningful pause* Who gets beaten at all sports? *second meaningful pause* Germans are efficient, they can make cars that actually work!"
ladybird
Moyen ver
Moyen ver
ladybird

Féminin Nombre de messages : 179

Sir T. McCarthy Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Sir T. McCarthy   Sir T. McCarthy EmptySam 15 Avr - 21:35

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
lizzie the ace cupcake
Moyen ver
Moyen ver
lizzie the ace cupcake

Sir T. McCarthy Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Sir T. McCarthy   Sir T. McCarthy EmptyMer 17 Mai - 17:21

et le retour de la vengeance...

"the most stupid character got to the heart of the play! he got 20 out of 20 for his explication de texte."

"McCarthy is an Irish name, but so is McHiavelic."

"This is the kind of poetry you find in a birthday card!"

"All women believe that men are intellectually limited. And also that they're too good to be nasty."

"There are occasional recipes... *pause* I must be getting hungry, because what I wanted to say was 'references'... so, there are occasional references..."

"She offers putting on Julio Iglesias, he wants heavy metal."

"When you forget the English word, you just use the French one with an English accent and hope for the best."

"The English claimed the throne of France. But the French, mauvais joueurs, wouldn't agree."

"Lots of words for legal affairs were borrowed from French. The English comitted crimes, the French judged them. Same with food. The French ate splendid food, the English had very little to eat."

"Modern dance... you just sort of stand up and shake about, rather charming by the way. And it's not only dancing, you know... *thinks a second* I should remember to go out someday soon..."

"This was a question, in case you haven't noticed."

"I'll sell my dream to France Dimanche."

"Do you realise, I'm actually paying you a compliment and nobody takes any single note! *sulks back to his desk* 17th of May, 2006. McCarthy said something nice about the French."
Contenu sponsorisé

Sir T. McCarthy Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Sir T. McCarthy   Sir T. McCarthy Empty

Sir T. McCarthy
Page 1 sur 1