Serial délires sur Chouette Street
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

Serial délires sur Chouette Street

Le forum officiel de www.chouettestreet.com... Retrouvez tous les délires d'un groupe d'étudiants complètement azimutés, et fiers de l'étre !

AccueilRechercherDernières imagesS'enregistrerConnexion
Le Deal du moment :
Funko POP! Jumbo One Piece Kaido Dragon Form : ...
Voir le deal

Crazy English !

2 participants
AuteurMessage
ladybird
Moyen ver
Moyen ver
ladybird

Féminin Nombre de messages : 179

Crazy English ! Empty
MessageSujet: Crazy English !   Crazy English ! EmptyLun 18 Sep - 11:38

Hello ! Quelqu'un m'a envoyé ça il y a quelques jours, c'est assez fort ! C'est ça que j'aime aussi dans l'anglais, toutes ces expressions que tu dois connaître parce qu'elles ne sont pas logiques mais idiomatiques. (Le français n'est pas mal non plus dans son genre !)
Si vous en avez d'autres comme ça, la porte est ouverte, lâchez-vous, y a de quoi sourire Razz

Have you already stopped to think about how Crazy English is?

Take a look at my article below, and give me your opinion about it. Do you think I am crazy? I am kidding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am just kidding with English.

Have you already heard that English is a crazy language?

Take a look at this article

If pro and con are opposites, is congress the opposite of progress?

English is the most widely used language in the history of our planet. One in every seven human beings can speak it. More than half of the world’s books and three quarters of international mail are in English. Of all languages, English has the largest vocabulary - perhaps as many as two million words - and of the noblest bodies of literature.

Nonetheless, let’s face it. English is a crazy language. There is no egg in eggplant, neither pine nor apple in pineapple and no ham in a hamburger.

English muffins weren’t invented in England or French fires in France. Sweetmeats are candy, while sweetbreads, which aren’t sweet, are meat.

We take English for granted. But when we explore its paradoxes, we find that quicksand can work slowly, boxing rings are square, public bathrooms have no baths and guinea pig is neither a pig nor from Guinea.

And why is it that a writer, but fingers don’t fling, grocers don’t gorse, humdingers don’t hum and hammers don’t ham? If the plural of tooth is teeth, shouldn’t the plural of booth be beet? One goose, two geese - so one moose, two muse? One index, two indices - one Kleenex, two Kleenexes?

Sometimes I wonder if all English speakers should be committed to an asylum for the verbally insane. In what other languages do people drive on a parkway and park in a driveway? Recite at a play and play at a recital? Ship by truck and send cargo by ship? Have noses that run and feet that smell?

You have to marvel at ten unique lunacy of a language in which our house can burn up as it burns down, in which you fill in a form by filling it out and in which your alarm clock goes off by going on.

English was invented by people, not computers, and it reflects the creativity of the human race (which of course, isn’t really a race at all). That is why, when stars are out they are visible, but when the lights are out they are invisible. And why, when I wind up my watch I start it, but when I wind up this essay I end it.

scratch
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
lizzie the ace cupcake
Moyen ver
Moyen ver
lizzie the ace cupcake

Féminin Nombre de messages : 332

Crazy English ! Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Crazy English !   Crazy English ! EmptyLun 18 Sep - 12:48

*is in love*
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
http://www.lady-of-winter.deviantart.com